Sunday, September 3, 2023

Captured in Time - Lasting Memories Layout Challenges DT Reveal

 Welcome to September friends, it’s hard to believe summer is coming to an end here in Canada! It’s time for the latest Lasting Memories Layout Challenges DT Reveal! I am hosting the challenges for September and the theme is “Stash Busting” - lets get using up our stash! Today’s challenge is to create a layout using a weaving technique!

Here is my layout…

When I hear paper weaving it always makes me think “Heritage”! It is also a great way to use up scraps!

I created a layout of my Maternal Grandmother’s younger brother. My Grandma and her brother were British Home Children sent to Canada at a young age from their homeland of Scotland. Her brother was only 7 years old at intact and was sent to Canada at the age of 8 to work on farms. It was a very sad life for a lot of these children. My Grandma and her brother saw each other a few times as children and then there was no word of where John ended up. This story makes me very sad. I’d love to hear from anyone who has a similar background!

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team’s creations and then be sure to share yours with us!

                                                     Thanks for stopping by! Stay crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment