Sunday, September 18, 2022

Heritage - Lasting Memories Layout Challenges DT Reveal

 Good Morning Friends, it is time for the latest Lasting Memories Layout Challenges DT Reveal. We are continuing with the theme for the September called Out of your comfort zone.

We all have our own scrapbook style.  We tend to repeat certain elements, colors, and even layout designs.  This month, let's move out of our comfort zone.  These challenges won't be too specific because each person will need to evaluate their own scrapbooking and do something different from their typical layouts.

Today’s challenge is - embellishments - we tend to stick to the same embellishments on our layouts.  Perhaps you use mostly stickers and chipboard but rarely use wood veneer.  Maybe you're obsessed with enamel dots and don't use flair or washi.  For this week, choose embellishments that you rarely use. 

Here is my layout…


This is a photo of my husband’s grandmother. She is the girl standing in the back of the photo! I just love old family photos! So much history!!!

So basically everything on this layout is part of the challenge! It’s been forever since I’ve done any stamping on a layout, which is perfect for a vintage look. I also added some lace to the bottom of the photo, which I haven’t done in a long time either. The paper is from an ArtC Collage pack, which I bought a few of these many moons ago and never even opened any of them, so I think this is perfect for the challenge as well! I fussy cut some of the die cuts to eliminate the white extra around them as I don’t think that looks good on a vintage layout and then created a cluster with them. Lastly I added a wood veneer key, another element that I have not used much lately!

Material list - ArtC collage elements pack, Celebrate It ribbon, Creative Embellishments title, doily, wood veneer, tag and lace are from my stash.

Be sure to check out the rest of the team's creations on the Lasting Memories Blog and then make sure that you share your creations with us!

Thanks for stopping by! Stay crafty!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment