Friday, February 18, 2022

Sewn With Love

 Good morning everyone, I hope everyone is enjoying the winter weather! We got another snowfall overnight. I think we got between six and eight inches.

I have a special layout to share today.

I created this baby quilt for our newest grandchild! I just love this pattern. I made a quilt with the same fabric and pattern about ten years ago for a friend’s baby and just fell in love with it, so when my daughter told us she was expecting I knew what I wanted to make for the baby. My husband and I searched the world over and could not find any of the fabric. But low and behold two of my friends had some left over, so with what the three of us had, I was able to create this adorable quilt. That’s what friends are for!

Here is each page closer up….



I also had an older line of My Minds Eye paper and chipboard that matched the quilt perfect! I love it when a plan comes together!

I was inspired by the double page sketch from Stick It Down.


Thanks for stopping by! Stay crafty!!!


5 comments:

  1. How beautiful Sandy!! Both the layout and the quilt! Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, congratulations on your newest grandchild, how exciting! Second, your layout and quilt are absolutely beautiful! I'm sure your daughter and grandchild will cherish it for years to come!
    Thanks for playing along with our double page sketch this month at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you are TALENTED!! Your quilt is gorgeous as is your layout! I love love all your paper choices, journaling, and colors! What a treasure your grandchild will have with this quilt. Thank you for joining Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the sketch! Perfect paper choices and embellishments! Seriously - they're perfect! Beautiful quilt too! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely story and what a beautiful quilt! I love the papers and embellishments you used to match the theme! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete