Thursday, July 12, 2018

Margarita Party - Counterfeit Kit Challenge GDT

Good Morning everyone, today I am thrilled to share with you the First challenge for July over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge where I have been asked to be the GDT for July. And the challenge is called "Forget Me Not" and the details are as follows:
We all have them - those tools and embellishments that get pushed to the side and are collecting dust. Pull out those forgotten tools and embellishments and put them to use - punches, brads, buttons, ribbons, etc. Show those items some love again.

Here is my layout...


As the journalling and title suggests, we had a Margarita Party for my husband's birthday. We surprised him with a party as it was a week night and he didn't think anyone could attend. Two of our children were able to make it with their families. He was totally surprised.

Here is each page close up...


We did a Margarita theme party mainly because he was turning 59 and was born in 1959. So it was instead of a Champagne birthday for he would have had to celebrate that when he was 10 years old.

For the challenge I started out using a border punch that I cut three different patterned papers and layered them up across the bottom of my photo collage.


I also used my favourite ampersand punch and layered one over another with pop dots. I dusted off my Cuddlebug and some old lettering dies and created the title. The font is perfect for the theme of my layout.


The papers that I gathered for my Summer Fun Counterfeit Kit are just perfect for this layout.


Lots of fun embellishments finishes off the challenge.
I hope you are able to get some inspiration from my layout. Be sure to check out the Design Team's creations over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. 


Thanks for stopping by! Stay Crafty!!!

2 comments:

  1. Clever! Border punches and scissors were such a thing and I know that I often forget to use them - I don't have many either so I really should! Glad to hear he was surprised and super that you have it recorded so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing layout. I love the papers and the colours and the composition...but the pictures are amazing.xoxo

    ReplyDelete