Friday, October 2, 2015

A Little Piece of Home - ScrapMuch? Sketch-y Friday DT Reveal

Happy Friday everyone! It is time for ScrapMuch? Sketch-y Friday Design Team Reveal.
It is the first Friday of the month, so time for a double sketch and layout!

Here is my layout....


A few years ago we had our windows replaced. The original storm windows were still in use. Every winter my husband would install them and then take them down in the Spring. They were in amazing shape, so we decided to keep them. Our first thought was to make them into mirrors and give one to each of our children. Then my friend, C showed me the amazing stain glass work that she creates. I asked her last spring if she was interested in making stain glass windows for us. She said she would try one out and see how it went. A month later she had one done and said she was willing to do the other two so we could give them to our children for Christmas. My husband & I were thrilled.

We were able to give two as gifts at Christmas as our oldest son was out of the country for work over the winter. So it was kept as a secret until the end of June when he was finally home.

Then C surprised us by having our beautiful window done as well. Now we all have a keepsake.

Here is each side closeup....


The journal tag reads:
We wanted you to have a little piece of home from your past to take with you....where ever you call home in the future.


And some closeups....


I fussy cut the flowers from one of the papers for the flower clusters. I used texture paste with a drop of acrylic paint to tint it to a more vintage colour.


I stitched through the alphas (this helps to keep them in place).


Water colour splatters over the stenciling.


The larger flower cluster...I popped up a couple with pop dots.


Here is Laura's wonderful sketch....


Be sure to stop by the ScrapMuch? Blog to check out the rest of the teams creations. Then link yours up by the 29th of October for a chance at a fabulous prize.

Product List: MME paper, Fancy Pants alpha, tim Holtz Texture Paste, Whisker Graphics Bitty Bag, American Tag Co. real cherry wood tag, watercolours and twine from my stash.


I can't express my gratitude enough to you C for making these fabulous keepsakes for our children and ourselves!!!! Thank you so very, very much!!! Big Hugs!!!

Thanks for stopping by...enjoy your weekend! Stay Crafty!!!


2 comments:

  1. Great page, love the flower clusters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Just Lovely, I Love the pictures and what a lovely memory you have made.

    ReplyDelete