Sunday, April 1, 2018

My Dad - Lasting Memories Layout Challenges DT Reveal

Welcome back to another Lasting Memories Layout Challenges Design Team reveal. Since it is April 1st we have a new theme called "All About the Paper". Today's challenge is to try a new paper technique on your layout (paper weaving, paper folding, quilling, paper lollies, rolled paper flowers, paper fringe etc.)

Here is my layout, I chose to try paper weaving.....


This picture of my Dad is from the 1940's. I just love these old photos. I also loved the way my layout turned out. I think the paper weaving is the perfect background for this vintage photo. 

Here are some closeups...


I anchored down the weaving with some machine stitching on the background paper that I first added a bit of stamping with a handwriting stamp.


A few simple embellishments and paint splatters to finish things off!


Product List: Kaisercraft background paper, BoBunny-Heritage Collection 6x6 paper pad, chipboard and buttons.

Be sure to stop by the Lasting Memories Blog to check out the rest of the team's creations. We would love to see what you create with this challenge.


Thanks for stopping by! Stay Crafty!!!

2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful layout. My new favourite!!!!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful heritage page, Sandy! I love your paper weaving technique and stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete