Monday, June 5, 2017

I GOT THE COVER - CREATIVE SCRAPBOOKER MAGAZINE

Hello and happy Monday everyone. I have some exciting news to share with you today. I am honoured to share with you that I GOT THE COVER of the Summer Issue of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine.

I was asked back in January if I would like to be one of ten artist to compete for the cover of the Summer Issue. Of course I replied,- yes please immediately. I was sent a photo and details on what must be included.

I thought about it for a bit and knew almost immediately what papers I would use,- Jillibean Soup. When I went through my stash, the papers were perfect. So I set out creating my layout. I used lots of different elements to create my layout.

Once submitted, I waited, and waited....I wanted this so badly. About two weeks later, I received an email....
Congratulations Sandy

We will be using your layout on the cover of our summer 2017 issue!!!!  YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness....a dream come true!!!

Here is the cover of the magazine...


It puts a smile on my face every time I see this magazine!

And here is my layout.....


And some closeups....


I used a stencil with Tim Holtz texture paste to add a little texture to the background. Machine stitching around the outside also adds detail.


Lots of layers under the photo make it the centre of attention. 


Different elements and embellishments add to the layering and texture.


A subtitle at the top with a couple more embellies.

Product List: Jillibean Soup – Mushroom Medley & Bean Stalks, Bo Bunny Ephemera, Heidi Swapp Chipboard shape title, Pink Paislee – Artisan Elements, Ranger Texture Paste and distress ink – Vintage Photo, The Crafters Workshop stencil, EK Tools thin foam dots, Glue Dots & Zig glue.

My sister took my picture with my layout and my magazine on Saturday!!! Pinch me!!! It still doesn't feel real!!!


Thanks for stopping by! Stay Crafty!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is EPIC! Time to make a page about this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! What a wonderful acknowledgement to your amazing talent. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Sandy and such a wonderful layout :) The layering is fantastic too

    ReplyDelete