Monday, December 1, 2014

Happy Winner - Guest Designer spot for The Memory Nest

I have great news to share for this first day of December. I was asked to be a Guest Designer for The Memory Nest Make it Monday.

The first challenge for December at The Memory Nest - Make it Monday is a sketch, and we were asked to use stamping on the background.

Here is my layout.....


I choose this picture of my daughter last year at a ScrapMuch? retreat when she was the lucky winner of a Silhouette Portrait!!!! Hence the title - Happy Winner!

And here are some closeups....I stamped my background with a chevron stamp from Recollections and also a Stampin' Up Circle stamp both using Tim Holtz ink.


The title was created with a scrap metal word by Petals & Possiblities and red Thickers.


I added some MME wood hearts and metallic dots.


The papers I used are MME - All is Bright. I layered up under the photo and added a piece of Craft Smith Holiday Burlap and ribbon by The Ribbon Boutique around the photo and the banner at the top.

Here is the fabulous sketch from The Memory Nest......


Be sure to link up your projects for a chance at a wonderful prize or if you are really lucky you will be asked to be a Guest Designer like I was.

I would like to thank Leslie for this AWESOME opportunity!!!


Stay tuned later this month as I have more to share with you as a Guest Designer at The Memory Nest.

I was also inspired by the new challenge blog Picture This Challenges and the challenge is 
1 photo + Christmas + paper strips + layers

Stay Crafty!!!


16 comments:

  1. WOW this page is special in so many ways. I absolutely love the picture, the colour and how you used the chevrons. Great job!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this page and how you used the sketch!! Everything is just perfectly placed! So happy to have you join us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty awesome layout! I love the Christmas papers and embellies you used. Thanks for playing along at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your guest designer position! I love the layout! Lots of great texture with all the different elements! I love this color scheme, too! Great moment to scrap! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the challenge, thanks for joining us at Picture This! We love having you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Layout!! Thanks for joining us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic layout, Sandy! Thank you for joining us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page. Thanks for joining our Challenge at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this!..You did a fantastic job for both challenges! Thanks for also sharing it with us at PT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us @ Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome layout and great take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful layout Sandy! Thank you for playing with us at our first challenge at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty page! Great job on the challenge. Thank you for sharing it with us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun page and a great prize!! Thanks for joining us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful. Glad you found us at Picture This. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete