Saturday, October 25, 2014

Our Nation's Capital

With the events that have taken place in Canada this week, I thought it was an appropriate time to share this layout. I created this layout as an entry for our local fall fair. The category was A Page Depicting A Historical Location. What is more historical to Canada than our beautiful Parliament Buildings in our Nation's Capital.....




I used Bo Bunny papers, rubons and brads, along with Authentique alphas, Thickers, Tim Holtz Tiny Tacker, texture medium and film strip.



I found the word parliament in an old dictionary and mounted it behind a tear in the top of my page. I stitched around the other edge of my layout with my sewing machine. The key clip is from Michaels.



Although I did not finish the layout on time I was inspired by the sketch from Canadian Scrapbooker and Kewl Beans.


I was also inspired by the following challenges:

Exhaust Your Excess EYE #15 Rubbed the Right way - to use Rubons
Frosted Designs - Get Messy with our Friday Challenge - to use mixed media products and
7 Dots Studio - to use Textures.
.


I also won a First Place Ribbon at the fair!


Stay STRONG & FREE CANADA!!!





10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the photos!!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page! Love the way you used multiple photos! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting lo! great colors! thanks for playing with 7Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your page!!!!!!!Great job with the colors!!!Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!
    Big hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy fabulous page!! Congrats on winning FIRST place - hits the heart even more after these emotional past weeks for our Nation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work!thanks for playing with 7Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!
    Thank You very much for taking part in 7 Dots Studio challenge this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice design!!! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job!! Thanks for playing along with 7 Dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete